With the capability to apply adhesive up to 1.5m wide, we can find the correct product to suit your demand.
If it’s a simple application where high tack, quick assembly is required, our own low-cost direct adhesive is the answer. It works with most substrates.
More technical, demanding application?
Then we can laminate a double-sided tape. Working with our supply partners, we can identify the best product for your application. High-tack, Low-tack, striped or partial adhesive. One of the latest developments we can offer are tapes that are easy to dis-assemble. This is becoming more important with the need to re-cycle.
All of the above can be supplied with full technical specification and IMDS data.
Double-sided industrial tapes can generally be split into THICK and THIN bonding systems.
THICK bonding systems normally consists of a Foam carrier sandwiched between two layers of either a Rubber or Acrylic adhesive. A Foam carrier ensures greater conformability i.e. the ability of the product to bond irregular or textured surfaces. The thickness of the product required largely depends on this degree of irregularity or ‘mismatch’ between the two substrate surfaces.
THICK bonding systems can also be categorised by their bonding strengths. ‘Very High Bond’ or ‘Ultra High Bond’ products have a 100% pure acrylic core resulting in exceptionally high cohesive strengths and may be used for internal applications.
THIN bonding systems may either have:
- A filmic core or carrier made of polyester, PVC or polypropylene coated each side with adhesive.
- A tissue carrier impregnated with adhesive both sides.
- No carrier as in the case of ‘adhesive transfer’ tapes which consist of pure adhesive extruded onto a silicone liner.
Both Thick and Thin bonding tapes may use Acrylic or Rubber adhesive systems
What type of tape is required for my application?
A number of factors need to be taken into account when correctly specifying either a double or a single-sided adhesive tape.
- What type of surfaces are to be bonded and, if Plastic, which type?
- Are the surfaces coated or treated?
- Are the surfaces rough or smooth?
- Is gap filling required, if so what is the gap size?
- Will the joint be subject to any load?
- If indoors will it be near a window?
- Will any temperature be involved?
- Will there be any contact with either moisture, chemicals or solvents?
What product coverage is required when bonding a double-sided tape?
For outdoor and interior critical applications, use 60 square centimetres of tape per kilogram of suspended product.
For a standard Foam tape used for non-critical applications, 100 square centimetres of tape per kilogram of weight should suffice.