Avon Group has many years’ experience in Injection moulding, offering a complete and comprehensive service, from initial consultation to production.
Whether you require consultation and advice or the execution of component and complex assembly design, Avon Group has the expertise to help. We can advise on material choice, utilise the latest 3D CAD packages and operate Injection moulding machines from 12 to 1000 tonnes.
Our dedicated production cells will typically include full “Poka Yoke” and 100% final testing of assemblies.
Within Avon Group, we have centres of excellence for Technical mouldings and Assemblies utilising PEEK glass filled PA66 high temperature Nylon conductive materials, cosmetic Trim, Fascia and Medical mouldings utilising TPEs and TPVs, ABS and PC and overmoulding of Metal and other Plastic components and inserts.
Due to the leverages gained by consuming many hundreds of tonnes of materials, we are constantly able to provide competitive quotations and stable pricing for your components.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Assembly including final function and pressure test
- Cosmetic and Trim expertise utilising ABS/PC/TPE
- Expertise and advice on Metal replacement grades and design
- Gas Injection moulding
- Insert moulding
- Low volume to high-efficiency volume production
- Precision moulding of POM, PA66 GF, PA12, PPS, PPA, PP, PEEK, ABS, Alloys and Blends
- Rubber replacement expertise using TPE/TPV/PVC
- Welding expertise using Laser, Ultrasonic, Spin and Heat stake techniques
Avon Group produce technical Plastic mouldings from a variety of materials:
- Acetal – POM
- Acetate – CAB
- Acrylic – PMMA
- Acrylonitrile Styrene Acrylate – ASA
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene – ABS
- Ethylene Vinyl Acetate – EVA
- General Purpose Polystyrene – GPPS
- High Impact Polystyrene – HIPS
- Homopolymer and Copolymer – HPPP and CPPP
- Low and High Density Polyethylene – HDPE
- Nylon (Polyamide) – PA6/PA66 Glass Filled
- Polycarbonate – PC
- Polyether-ether-ketone – PEEK
- Polyesters – PET/PBT
- Polyphenylene Oxide – PPO
- Polyphenylene Sulphide – PPS
- Polystyrene – PS/General
- Polysulphone – PES/PSU/PEEK
- Polyvinyl Chloride – PVC
- Polyvinylidene Flouride – PVDF
- Styrene Acrylonitrile – SAN
Reinforced PA66 and reinforced PPA high temperature Nylon can offer huge advantages over traditional Steel and Aluminium Alloys when it comes to Automotive suspension and under-bonnet applications.
Suitable material grades are often relatively inexpensive as well as easier to process in an efficient, low cost manner.
Extreme temperature resistance and stability up to 230°C is possible, combined with unrivalled resistance to chemicals and harsh environments. There is also the added advantage of not having to coat the part with a multi-stage painted protection system, as is the case with a Metal part.
Engineering Thermoplastics are capable of being Injection moulded into far more complex shapes and geometry than Forged, Fabricated or Die cast parts. Tooling, while initially expensive, will last for many years than cast Aluminium Tooling or Forging Dies.
Weight saving is a major factor when considering material options. With a specific gravity of 1.4, glass filled Nylons are one fifth the mass of Steel (7 SG) and half that of Aluminium (3.2 SG). Thus with careful design and the right material choice, the savings are often enormous.
Modern techniques can also be employed to weld moulded components together via Ultrasonic, Spin, Friction or Laser welding. The resultant weld is often a fully cohesive bond which is as strong as the original material.
Moulded components are also commonly designed to accept Metal compression limiters and Heat staked threaded inserts. This allows the components to be bolted into place or to have other components bolted to it with torque uploads of up to 20 NM.
Avon Group has forged strong business partnerships with both Dupont and EMS Chemie, resulting in a significantly combined annual usage of reinforced Engineering Thermoplastic per annum. This allows us access to a complete support network from these suppliers who regularly assist us with design and development.
Our combined knowledge, gained over many years supply in this field, means that we can always provide a highly competitive solution where cost and weight saving over Metal is being considered.