Avon Group was among the first companies in the UK to embrace Waterjet cutting technology, one of the fastest growing machine processes in the World due to its versatility and ease of operation.
Profile cutting by Waterjet means that there are virtually no limits to what materials can be cut. Greater quality, efficiency and productivity levels can be achieved.
How it works
Water is pressurised to 60,000 psi (4000 bar) or more and passed at high velocity through a tiny opening to cut a variety of soft materials such as Paper, Gasket materials, Rubber and Foam. When small amounts of abrasive particles are mixed into the jet stream, the resulting ‘abrasive Waterjet’ can cut virtually any hard material such as Metal, Composites, Wood, Stone and Glass.
Quite literally ‘cutting edge’, Avon Group’s modern waterjet machines are computer controlled, enabling the use of CAD/CAM technology.
- Air systems/compressors
- Auto, aviation and marine
- Bathroom and construction
- Heat containment and insulation
- Able to routinely cut precision parts to tight tolerances (typically 0.1mm or better)
- Cuts virtually any shape, in any material, up to 150mm thickness
- Items can be nested which improves raw material usage and reduces waste
- Improved productivity and efficiency
- No tool changes or replacement required
- Rapid set-up times and minimal operator intervention
- Environmentally friendly process with no toxic gases or fumes created during the cutting process
- Able to cut a wide variety of profiles and materials with just one tool
- No direct contact between the cutting head and the material, minimising any distortion
- 100% perpendicular cut edges irrespective of material thickness
- Virtually no induced tension or micro cracking
- No mechanical stresses as caused by other cutting methods
- Superior edge quality
- Dust reduction by cutting with water